PARTICIPATION IN THE EIASM DOCTORAL SEMINAR: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS: STATE-OF-THE-ART THEORIES, METHODS AND TOPICS
The aim of the seminar was to provide participants with advanced knowledge about the theoretical and practical aspects of conducting research in international business, especially theories, methods, topics and areas of research in this field. The ultimate goal was to develop the ability to identify research gaps for future research. The course was divided into two parts. The first part focused on various perspectives and theoretical aspects. The second part discusses cutting-edge research on specific topics and areas in international business. Participation in the seminar allowed to obtain 5 ECTS credits. The seminar was co-organized by EIASM – European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, as well as Copenhagen Business School.
The framework program included:
Until January 24 – own work and preliminary consultations with the lecturers.
Then: a series of seminars, every day: 9:00 – 17:00 and additionally own work with consultations with the teachers.
Topics of individual meetings:
– Why and how companies became multinationals,
– Internalization theory
– Behavioral perspectives on international business
– Multilevel theories and models in International business
– Dynamics and flexibility of foreign operation modes
– International human resource management
– Knowledge transfer across borders
– International business and knowledge protection
– Nonmarket strategies in international business
– Backlash against globalization